- To stimulate research in the theory of dynamical systems and related areas at Penn State.
- To serve as a forum for exchange of ideas and discussion of achievements within the world-wide dynamical systems community.
- To forster interaction, exchange of ideas and joint projects between mathematicians and researchers in other areas interested in non-linear dynamics. To disseminate the knowledge of the achievements in dynamical systems theory within the scientific community.
- To contribute to the training of the next generation of researchers in dynamical systems and related areas.
- Anatole Katok Center for Dynamical Systems and Geometry congratulates Alex Eskin of University of Chicago on winning the Breakthrough Prize in Mathematics 2020 for revolutionary discoveries in the dynamics and geometry of moduli spaces of Abelian differentials, including the proof of the “magic wand theorem” with Maryam Mirzakhani. See more here.
- The 30th Fall meeting of the Workshop in Dynamical Systems and Related Topics will take place on September 26-29, 2019.
- Yakov Pesin has been elected to the European Academy - Academia Europaea in 2019.
- Federico Rodriguez Hertz has accepted the position of the Anatole Katok Chair in Mathematics.
- Alex Wright and Brandon Seward were awarded the 2018 Michael Brin Dynamical Systems Prize for Young Mathematicians.
- Michael Brin, Sergey Ferleger and Alexey Kononenko made major donations to support the Center for Dynamical Systems and Geometry which is now named after Anatole Katok. Full story. Additional financial support of the Center comes from the Eberly College of Science at Penn State.
- Zhiren Wang received NSF CAREER grant.
- Michael Hochman was awarded the 2018 Michael Brin Prize in Dynamical Systems.
Penn State Mathematics Department, McAllister Building, University Park, State College, PA 16802
Phone (814) 865-7527 / Fax (814) 865-3735