Updated March 22, 2002
My home page
- Two-dimensional Riemann Problem for a Single Conservation Law,
(with Tong Zhang),
Transactions of the American Mathematical Society ,
Vol. 312, No. 2, 1989, pp 589-619.
- Conjecture on Structure of Solutions of Riemann Problem for 2-D
Gasdynamic Systems, (with Tong Zhang),
SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis,
Vol. 21, No. 3, 1990, pp 593-630.
- Concentration-Cancellation for the Velocity Fields of Two
Dimensional Incompressible Fluid Flows,
Communications in Mathematical Physics,
135 (1991), pp 581-594.
- Delta-Shock Waves as Limits of Vanishing Viscosity for Hyperbolic
Systems of Conservation Laws,
(with Dechun Tan and Tong Zhang),
Journal of Differential Equations, 112(1994), pp 1-32.
- Existence of Global Weak Solutions to One-Component Vlasov-Poisson
and Fokker-Planck-Poisson Systems in One Space Dimension with Measures
as Initial Data, (with Andrew Majda),
Commu. Pure Appl. Math., XLVII(1994), pp 1365-1401.
- On a Nonlinear Hyperbolic Variational Equation: I. Global Existence
of Weak Solutions, (with John Hunter),
Arch. Rat. Mech. Anal., 129(1995), 305--353.
- On a Nonlinear Hyperbolic Variational Equation: II. The Zero
Viscosity and Dispersion Limits, (with John Hunter),
Arch. Rat. Mech. Anal., 129(1995), 355--383.
- Concentrations in the One-Dimensional Vlasov-Poisson Equations, I:
Temporal Development and Non-unique Weak Solutions in the Single
Component Case, (with Andrew Majda and George Majda),
Physica D., 74(1994), pp 268-300.
- Concentrations in the One-Dimensional Vlasov-Poisson Equations, II:
Screening and the Necessity for Measure-valued Solutions in the
Two Component Case, (with Andrew Majda and George Majda),
Physica D., 79(1994), pp 41-76.
- Axisymmetric Solutions of the Euler Equations for Polytropic Gases,
(with Tong Zhang),
Arch. Rat. Mech. Anal. 142(1998), pp 253--279
- Convergence of the Vanishing Viscosity Approximation for Superpositions
of Confined Eddies, (with Milton Lopes Filho and Helena Nussenzveig
Lopes), Commun. Math. Phys., 201(1999), 291--304.
- Systems of Conservation Laws: Two-Dimensional Riemann Problems,
317pp, Birkhauser, 2001.
- Existence and Uniqueness of Solutions to an Asymptotic Equation
of a Variational Wave Equation with General Data, (with Ping Zhang),
Arch. Rat. Mech. Anal., 155(2000), 1, pp 49--83.
- The Limit from the Schrodinger-Poisson to the Vlasov-Poisson Equations
with General Data in One Dimension, (with Ping Zhang and N. Mauser),
Comm. Pure Appl. Math., Vol. LV (2002), 582--632.