Leonid N. Vaserstein
Professor of Mathematics
Address: Dept. of Mathematics, Penn State University, University Park, PA 16802
Office phone 814 8630584.
· M.A.. in mathematics : Moscow State University, 1966.
· Ph.D. in mathematics: Moscow State University, 1969; advisor Prof. I.I.Piatetsky-Shapiro .
· 1979-present Professor of Mathematics at the Pennsylvania State University.
· 1979/80 Visiting Professor at Cornell University, Department of Mathematics.
· Summer of 1979 Visiting Professor at University of Chicago, Department of Mathematics.
· 1979, Jan-April Visiting Professor at IHES (France).
· 1978, December Visiting Professor at University of Bielefeld (Germany), Department of Mathematics.
· 1969-1978 Senior researcher to Head of department, INFORMELECTRO (Moscow, Russia).
· 1966/67 Instructor at Dept.of Mathematics, Moscow State University.
· The Second Prize of All-Russian High School Mathematical Olimpiad, 1961.
· Moscow State University Annual Prizes for undergraduate research, 1962,1965, 1966.
· The Annual Prize of the Moscow Mathematical Society for young mathematicians, 1974 (jointly with A.A. Suslin).
· John Simon Guggenheim Fellowship, 1984
· Member of the Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton,1984/85
· Involved with the operation research program at Penn State. Teaching linear programming, game theory, advising grad students in OR.
· Reviewer for several mathematical journals and two abstract journals.
· Broading the participation of groups underrepresented in science by joint research and publications.
· Maintaining Algebra and Number Theory at PSU website