Algebra and Number Theory
The Algebra and Number Theory group at Penn State consists of researchers working in a variety of fields including:
- October 1st -- 5th, 2012, Enrico Bombieri gives his series of Marker Lectures.
- September 2012, A proof of the abc conjecture has been claimed by Shinichi Mochizuki. Some news coverage can be found at the New York Times. Some more discussion about the philosophy of the proof can be found on on Mathoverflow
- June 8th -- 15th 2012, Penn State University hosted the conference Algebraic Statistics in the Alleghenies
- February 15th, 2012, Karl Schwede was awarded a Sloan fellowship.
- August 29th, 2011, Manjul Bhargava begins his series of Marker Lectures.
- August 1st, 2011, Kirsten Eisenträger was awarded an NSF CAREER grant.
- April 25th, 2011, James Sellers was awarded a Fulbright Fellowship to carry out research at the University of Linz in Spring 2012.
- December 17th, 2010, Winnie Li was awarded the 2010 Chern Prize in Mathematics by the International Congress of Chinese Mathematicians.
Last updated 8/14/2012
Maintained by Leonid Vaserstein and Karl Schwede