Algebra and Number Theory
The Algebra and Number Theory group at Penn State consists of researchers working in a variety of fields including:
- June 28, 2016 "The Oracle of Arithmetic", Quanta Magazine ("Peter Scholze And The Future of Arithmetic Geometry") The Oracle of Arithmetic link
- March 14, 2016. Sir Andrew J. Wiles (62), University of Oxford, is awarded the Abel Prize "for his stunning proof of Fermat’s Last Theorem by way of the modularity conjecture for semistable elliptic curves, opening a new era in number theory.” Abel Prize link
- Oct 8, 2015. Members of Congress Salute U.S. Mathematical Olympiad Team.For the first time since 1994, the United States won first place. MAA link
- Nov 13, 2014. Alexander Grothendieck, March 28, 1928 (Berlin, Germany) – 13 November 2014 (Saint-Lizier, Ariège, France). Wiki has basic info about Grothendieck and several references. A missing reference is his autobiography, Récoltes et Semailles available for free at web. He was known for his personal protests against many organizations including the governments of Soviet Union and USA.
- Nov 8, 2013. Video lectures from “Dreams of Earth and Sky: A Celebration for Freeman Dyson” including lecture by George Andrews are now available online
- June, 2013, Karl Schwede was awarded an NSF CAREER award.
Last updated 10/16/2015
Maintained by Leonid Vaserstein and Karl Schwede