Conference on Undergraduate Research in Mathematics
Penn State University
November 20-21, 2009
This conference will showcase mathematical research by undergraduate students through 15-minute contributed talks.
- Local Information
- Conference Participant List
- Conference Schedule
- Student Talk Schedule
- Talk Abstracts
- Art Benjamin, Harvey Mudd College
- Aparna Higgins, University of Dayton
The conference will include:
- A Friday evening reception and dinner
- A Friday evening stroll to the famous Penn State Berkey Creamery for ice cream
- Breakfast and lunch on Saturday
- Lots of coffee and cookie breaks!
- Tours of the Mathematics Department's facilities, including the William Pritchard Fluid Mechanics Lab and the SCREMS Lab
Registration for our meeting is now closed.
A conference poster is available in PDF format here.
Funding for conference costs and participant support provided by:
- Penn State's Eberly College of Science
- Penn State's Department of Mathematics
- National Science Foundation (DMS-0852554)
- National Security Agency (H98230-09-1-0112)
- Mathematical Association of America through NSF Grant DMS-0846477
Additional funding is being sought from other sources.
Click here to see our funding guidelines. (Please contact us via email if you have any questions or need clarification on funding opportunities for the conference.) Please note that funding priority will be given to those students who present a talk at the conference. Also, we cannot provide any funding for travel outside of the United States.For more information, contact the conference co-coordinators, James Sellers and Diane Henderson, at email@example.com.