Conference on Undergraduate Research in Mathematics
Penn State University
November 9-10, 2007
The hope of the coordinators of this conference is to remove as many hindrances as possible for students and their faculty advisors to attend this meeting. With this in mind, we plan to cover various expenses using the following guidelines:
- All meals, including the conference dinner on Friday night, as well as the breakfast and lunch provided by the conference on Saturday, will be free of charge to all registered participants.
- We will also provide ample coffee/cookie breaks during Saturday's portion of the conference free of charge to all registered participants.
- Housing for all conference registrants for one night (either Friday night or Saturday night) will be covered. Blocks of rooms will be advertised in the coming weeks so conference attendees are aware of housing choices. Moreover, the sharing of a hotel room by multiple students (for example, from the same college or university) would be appreciated!
- Travel will also be covered within the following limits:
- $400 maximum coverage for those participants flying to the conference
- $200 maximum coverage (using standard reimbursement rates per mile) for those driving to the conference
Please note that funding priority will be given to those students who present a talk or poster at the conference.