Conference on Undergraduate Research in Mathematics
Penn State University
November 9-10, 2007
This conference will showcase mathematical research by undergraduate students through 15-minute contributed talks or posters.
Thanks to everyone for making our conference such a success. With over 100 participants at the meeting, 40 excellent student talks, and wonderful plenary talks from George Andrews and Frank Morgan, the conference proved to be exciting and enjoyable.
- Conference Schedule
- Conference Participant List
- Local information
- Student Talk Schedule
- Talk Abstracts
The conference will include:
- A Friday evening reception and dinner
- A Friday evening stroll to the famous Penn State Berkey Creamery for ice cream
- Breakfast and lunch on Saturday
- Lots of coffee and cookie breaks!
- Tours of the Mathematics Department's facilities, including the William Pritchard Fluid Mechanics Lab and the SCREMS Lab
Funding for conference costs and participant support provided by:
- Penn State's Eberly College of Science
- Penn State's Department of Mathematics
- Penn State's Women in Mathematics Program
- The Mathematical Association of America through NSF grant DMS-0241090
Click here to see our funding guidelines. (Please contact us via email if you have any questions or need clarification on funding opportunities for the conference.) Please note that funding priority will be given to those students who present a talk or poster at the conference.
A poster for the conference, in PDF format, can be found here.