I don't have time for much non-math reading, but here's either what I'm reading or what I'm planning to read...
- The Rise of American Democracy by Wilentz. Nice, broad view of the relevant history. The author definitely has Jeffersonian sympathies.
- Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by Joyce. One of my all-time favorites: it's time for a re-read.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Marquez. Another one of my favorites, and it's the 40th anniversary, so I feel obliged to give it a re-read.
- Borges: Collected Fictions by Huxley.
- American Prometheus: The Triumph and Tragedy of J. Robert Oppenheimer by Bird and Sherwin.