Faculty (with a major interest in PDE )
- Leonid Berlyand, Professor. Nonlinear PDEs. Variational problems in materials science, biology, and chemistry. Multiscale analysis and homogenization theory.
- Alberto Bressan, Eberly Chair Professor, an ICM 2002 plenary speaker. Hyperbolic conservation laws, nonlinear wave equations. Hamilton-Jacobi equations in optimal control theory and differential games.
- Diane Henderson, Professor. Fluid mechanics, nonlinear waves.
- Kris Jenssen, Professor, NSF Career Awardee. Hyperbolic PDEs, conservation laws gas dynamics. Compressible flow, stability of multi-dimensional fronts.
- Chun Liu, Professor. Complex fluids, liquid crystals. Variational approaches to problems in biology and physiology.
- Anna L. Mazzucato, Professor. Fluid mechanics, elasticity, inverse problems.
- Toan T. Nguyen, Professor. Fluid dynamics, Systems of conservation laws. Kinetic theory. Traveling wave solutions, Viscous shock waves. Boundary layers.
- Victor Nistor, Professor. PDEs on singular spaces, numerical analysis, financial mathematics.
- Alex Novikov Professor. Advection-diffusion equations, homogenization.
- Wen Shen, Associate Professor. Hyperbolic conservation laws, with applications to granular flow and oil recovery. Numerical methods for conservation laws. Optimal control and differential games.
- Yuxi Zheng, Professor. Hyperbolic conservation laws, nonlinear waves. Gas dynamics, liquid crystals. Two-dimensional Riemann problems. PDEs of mixed type.
Other faculty members with significant interest in PDEs are: Andrew Belmonte (pattern formation, complex fluids), Qiang Du (computational and applied mathematics), Luen-Chau Li (integrable systems, mathematical physics), Jenny Li (mathematical economics and finance), and the group working on numerical analysis: Jinchao Xu, Ludmil Zikatanov, Xiantao Li, and James Brannick.
Courses -- Fall 2014
- Math 513: Partial Differential Equations I (Alberto Bressan)
- Math 552: Numerical PDEs (Jinchao Xu)
Courses -- Spring 2015
- Math 514: Partial Differential Equations II (Alberto Bressan)
Last updated: 1/30/2014