Faculty (with a major interest in PDE )
- Leonid Berlyand, Professor. PDE, homogenization, Ginzburg-Landau equations.
- Alberto Bressan, Eberly Chair Professor, an ICM 2002 plenary speaker. Hyperbolic PDEs, control theory, differential games.
- Diane Henderson, Professor. Fluid mechanics, nonlinear waves.
- Chun Liu, Professor. PDE, complex fluids, liquid crystals.
- Victor Nistor, Professor. PDEs on singular spaces, numerical analysis, financial mathematics.
- Kris Jenssen, Associate Professor, NSF Career Awardee. Hyperbolic PDEs, gas dynamics.
- Anna L. Mazzucato, Associate Professor. PDE, fluid mechanics, elasticity, inverse problems.
- Wen Shen, Associate Professor. PDE, hyperbolic conservation laws, granular flow.
Other faculty members with significant interest in PDEs are: Alex Novikov (homogenization/percolation), Luen-Chau Li (integrable systems, mathematical physics), Andrew Belmonte (complex fluids, fragmentation in solids, pattern formation), Jenny Li (economics), and the group working on numerical analysis: Jinchao Xu, Qiang Du, Ludmil Zikatanov, Xiantao Li, and James Brannick.
Courses -- Fall 2011
- Math 513: Partial Differential Equations I (Alberto Bressan)
- Math 597C-FA: Continuum Mechanics (Leonid Berlyand)
Courses -- Spring 2012
- Math 505: Mathematical Fluid Mechanics (Andrew Belmonte)
- Math 514: Partial Differential Equations II (Alberto Bressan)
- Math 597D: Multiscale Modeling and Analysis (Qiang Du)
Last updated: 11/20/2011