Project List for Math 497C
- Poincare-Hopf theorem (Yacov)
- Topology: Continuity of the flow map and free boundaries for
objects entering the fluid domain (Elizabeth).
- Relativistic fluid dynamics (Stela).
- Differential equations, strings, and knots (Marqui).
- Kidney flow (Dustin).
- Differential equations, strings, and knots (Katrina).
- Vortex shedding in the complex plane: time-dependent
Milne-Thompson theorem (Patrick)
- Pressureless Euler flows (Sharon).
- Non-radial flow in spherical coordinates: mappings to the
complex plane? (Braden)
- Steady irrotational flow in particular bounded domains
with N point vortices (Michael L.)
- Curl and potential flows in R^n (Mike J.)
- Poisson bracket formulation of Euler's equations in R^2: the Lax
pair approach (Abe)
Last updated 10/29/2001.